Oh, Poor Me


It depresses me when I see someone who completely relies on others to give them self-confidence.  I've been seeing a lot of "feel bad for me" posts, tweets, etc.  And, maybe it's just me being rude, but I always want to tell them (in all caps mind you!)

"GET OVER IT."

I understand this seems heartless but hey, I'm a really blunt person when I want to be.  Yes, I understand that some issues are really difficult to handle alone, and I'm happy to pray for those who are going through those issues.  However, it's a different matter when I just see someone looking for a pity party with their small problems, sharing again and again to get as many people as they can to say:  "Oh, but you're amazing, and awesome," or my personal favorite:  "They're just jealous!"  

When a problem arises in your life, run to God, not your Facebook.  Support from your friends is a wonderful thing, I know, sometimes I ask for pity too, but when you completely rely on it you may want to review exactly what you're doing.

I apologize for this rant post and I'm sorry if I've offended you.  Maybe I'm a tad bitter, but I just want to remind you all that people are fallible, but God is truth and forever there to help you get through the problems surfacing in your day-to-day lives.


1 comment:

  1. your blog is seriously my favorite one on the internet. i love you.

    ReplyDelete